Tuesday 27 April 2010

Daffodils on the Deck





Our pot planted daffodil bulbs took so long to grow that we thought we'd bought a dud batch. But eventually they sprouted and now we have the benefit of this beautiful line of them while all out neighbours' have wilted and died off. I put them all together in a line because I think they look so much better as an abundance than dotted around the garden.

In the first picture you can also see the finished deck my hubby built, and the three wooden planters he made with left over decking planks. We bought the wooden trellis for the climbing clematis we put in two of them. My sister gave me the clematis for my birthday recently. We're now thinking of moving the camelia in the centre one to the shadiest spot on the right. Then we'll join the two clematis boxes with more trellis on the top and a bench to sit on underneath it.

The garden is coming along well now. It's a far cry from the derelict site that greeted us when we moved in last July.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Lydia. I appreciate your comment, but I don't click on links from people I don't know, especially when I don't know where they will take me.

A Valdese Blogger said...

Very nice daffodils...very nice pictures, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thank you VB. I'm glad you like them.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site