Saturday 29 September 2012

Hope Springs

I had lots of comments on my Facebook status today because I mentioned that I was laid up with a sore tum yesterday. It's nice to have so many people wishing me well. Actually it started when I was taking a day off on Thursday. I was ok in the morning when I went to see Hope Springs at the Senior Screen with a Bournemouth pal. After that we went for a mooch around the big stores and had a snack lunch in one of them, and not long after that I started to feel rough.

Anyway it didn't interfere with my enjoyment of the film. Think it will appeal less to a younger generation because it was about middle aged couple with a wife who dragged her husband to a counsellor to try and recover the intimacy in their marriage. I found it very perceptive and loved the way they injected some humour into the fairly serious subject. The acting of Meryl Streep and the craggy Tommy Lee Jones was brilliant and I could have swooned over the eyes in the face of their counsellor, played by Steve Carell. It was directed by David Frankel who cast Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada.

Here's the trailer.

2 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

I haven't even heard of this film. Sounds interesting.

Unknown said...

Yes Joan. I quite liked it. The acting was superb.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site