Friday 6 June 2014

The Royal Parks - South London

Today I had to write about the property market in an area of South West London.  I did some research but since I used to live there I didn't need to do much.  Considering why people would choose to locate there, got me round to thinking  about the Royal Parks that are nearby. The two that are close are Richmond Park, and Bushy Park. I always think of the Hampton Court Home Park as one of them as well, but it's not included on the Royal Parks website.

Over the years I've spent a lot of time in them and taken a good few photos. Here's one I particularly like of the lake in Bushy Park.


According to the parks' website, one of the reasons they are important is that "As some of London’s biggest green spaces, they cool urban temperatures, reduce wind speeds and absorb pollution and flood water". You can see lots more facts and figures about them here.

No comments:

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site