Wednesday 30 April 2008

Moody Poem

This will be my last post this week. I'm frantically trying to get everything done before I head off to London tomorrow to look after my granddaughter while her mother is away on a jolly. The weather's not too good but my mood is still better than it was last year. Here's a poem I wrote then to reflect my mood. Thanks to franscud for encouraging me to post it.

Winter

We drive through the wood

where the trees stand naked.

Stark leafless branches

twist and snake towards the grey

sunless sky.

We drive past the fields

bare of crops and sludgey.

Rain falling dankly.

Thin hedge revealing brown

sullen earth.

Flashes light the puddles

dull green and greasy.

Matching our hopeless mood

this winter.




1 comment:

Jena Isle said...

I like it It is beautiful in its simplicity. Keep posting.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site