Friday 11 September 2009

Sky Cruise in Egypt


When we were in Egypt this spring, one of the excursions on offer was an early morning balloon flight over the Nile and the West Bank at Luxor. Some people who’d done it were raving about it, but it was too expensive for us.

A few weeks after we came home, an item on the news caught my attention. A hot air balloon in Luxor had collided with some overhead cables and come down. A couple of Brits were in it at the time. No-one was badly injured but all the passengers were taken to hospital.

I bet they felt they’d had a lucky escape. I felt that we’d had one too, even though we hadn’t seriously considered taking the ride.

I took the photo of one of these balloons from the safety of the ground.

5 comments:

Jude said...

I've always wanted to go up in a balloon I think it would be great fun

Unknown said...

I used to think so too. Now I'm not so sure.

Roschelle@Inconsequential Logic said...

What a gorgeous scene. I'd love to travel abroad some day. Although, I'm with you regarding the hot air balloon

Dori said...

It looks thrilling, but I'd be scared out of my mind :) I am so afraid of heights. Thanks for sharing this beautiful scene with us.

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting, Roschelle and Dori

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site