Thursday 20 May 2010

Quote Contest



photo: Wikimedia-Commons User Túrelio, Creative Commons BY-SA 2.0-de

I'm getting plenty of inspiration for blogposts from fellow bloggers at the moment. Today it's the turn of Fullet at Secret Forest, who is actually running a really interesting contest. To celebrate a full year of his blog, which comes up on May 29th, he's inviting bloggers to join his Weekly Quotes and put a quote in a blog post. And for one lucky participant, to be randomly selected, he generously offers a $35 Amazon voucher.

If that comes my way, I'll be buying books for writers. If not, I've been having great fun looking up different quotes. The one I've selected is this one from a very wise, and wonderfully giving, Mother Teresa.

Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you.

5 comments:

J. M. P. said...

Thank you so much, Jean!
I've seen your link to my post, but you need to leave the link on the Linky Tool in my post, where it says "Click here to enter". If needed, I can enter your link myself.
Oh, I'm a 'him'. That was funny :)
Best of luck, and thank you for sharing such great quote.

Unknown said...

Oops, couple of boo boos there. Sorry, I'll put them right.

RNSANE said...

Jean, isn't fullet wonderful...and I love your quote from Mother Teresa. Mine is about travel as that is one of the most important things in my life....it's from St. Augustine - “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”

Carmen Henesy: Life's Journey is available now at https://www.createspace.com/3439758and will be on Amazon.com in about a week or less.
Life's Journey
www.createspace.com
Poems about the things that have been important to me in my journey through life, some humorous, some sad, some that may have meaning to you as well.

Unknown said...

Thanks Carmen. Yes, fullet is wonderful. And I love your quote too. And many congratulations on your book of poems.

Joanne Olivieri said...

That is a beautiful quote by Mother Teresa and so true. Yes, this contest is fun.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site