Friday 2 September 2011

Ebay Failure

I couldn't think what to write about today, so I did the trick of what's in my ninth picture folder.  It didn't work.  It was full of pictures of people who might be upset if I put them in here. I counted through another nine, and found this pic of the last item I put up for sale on ebay.  It was also the only thing I have failed to sell on ebay and ended up going to a charity shop.

 I liked this skirt. I liked the shape, the black background, and the colourful decoration at the hem. I bought it to take on holiday to Egypt and I did wear it, once, on an evening. But I decided it was really a young person's skirt, not for senior citizen like me who shouldn't wear hems above the knee.  It had been a mistake to buy it.

Nevertheless I was surprised that noone wanted to bid for it at ebay.  Is my taste really so unusual?

14 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I think it's beautiful. However, I don't wear skirts any more.

Jenny Woolf said...

It looks beautiful but the picture is very dark so I can't really see what it's like. If I was buying on ebay I'd want the pic to show the item clearly. Or maybe it's just my computer! it is a lovely item. I don't ever really understand the whys and wherefores of why people buy on eBay (or don't buy). But I've heard it is getting harder.

Unknown said...

Thanks Joan, for your visit and comment. Fot me, skirts are for holidays, extra warm days and special occasions.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenny W. You make a good point. Perhaps the picture not being clear enough contributed to the failure. I have added some light and made it bigger, for your benefit.

Jenny Woolf said...

ellThanks for your comment on my blog, Jean. I've added you as a follower (in fact, though I already had done it) so I'll be back too!

Thanks for improving the picture. It IS pretty!

Vera said...

I think is't beautiful as well. I would have bought it. :)

Colleen said...

I think it's really cute...dress it up...dress it down...very sweet. Times are tough and maybe they just didn't see it...so much to do on Ebay :)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Colleen and Vera. I reckon my pic at ebay wasn't good enough. Lesson learned.

Classic NYer said...

I would buy it from you if I had money...

A Mom's Choice said...

Hi There,

It's gourgeous, what size is the skirt. amomschoice (gmail) dot com I might be interested in buying it.

Unknown said...

Cheers Classic NYer. That's nice of you.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mom's Choice, but of course I no longer have it now. Hopefully it will make some money at the charity shop, and someone will benefit.

teecup the shopping bug said...

Lovely skirt!

Hmm... I don't think anyone did not want to place a bid. Maybe nobody noticed your ad.

A lot of people head to the brand-new and cheap department first before checking out the second-hand finds.

Unknown said...

Cheers Teecup. You make some good points too.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site