Wednesday 16 July 2014

The Orchid on the Windowsill


This orchid was a present from my daughter a couple of years ago. It's about the fourth time it has flowered. The blooms hang around for a while before they drop off and when they are all gone, it looks as though it will never flower again. Then after a while it suddenly starts to develop these little pips, which grow into the exotic and fiercely alien looking flowers.

There's no doubt they are very beautiful, but to me they are also quite spooky, especially the snake like growths at the base. I wonder if there is a story about to erupt. (My stories usually wake me up in the middle of the night, making me go downstairs to type them up.)

2 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

I think you have found the right word I feel about orchids, spooky. They are OK, but not my favorite plants.

Paola said...

Stunning. I find orchids have such an animal face....

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site