Monday 29 February 2016

Another Birthday


I've had a super weekend. First I took trains to stay with friends near Eastbourne, and it was good to catch up with them as I haven't seen them since they came to George's funeral in September 14. On Sunday morning I was back on the train, hoping to get to Worthing, but had to change onto a bus at Brighton because of the dreaded engineering works.

I arrived in time to be met my family so we could go to the Angmering Manor Hotel for another birthday celebration. My first husband's sister, Hazel, aunt to my two offspring, will be 70 tomorrow, so my daughter colluded with a friend to organise the surprise lunch party at the weekend at this heavenly venue.

Heavenly it was, built in the 16th century and still has lots of original features. We had a room to ourselves that comfortably fitted the 15 of us. The food was good, and so was the conversation. Afterwards we looked around the garden and peeped in the windows of the indoor swimming pool that has been added at the back. One lucky couple who came all the way from Wales had booked in for a 2 night stay.

We had all chipped in for Hazel's present - a helicopter flight over the coast and the South Downs that she can now cross off her bucket list. She was quite overcome as you can see in the photo.


No comments:

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site