Thursday 11 March 2010

Garden Notes

Before I started work in my office this morning, I spent half an hour on my knees. I was planting out 60 little pansy plants. Hubby has been hard at work on our virgin garden since the weather changed, and he had prepared the bed on the terrace outside my kitchen window. It's not interesting enough to show you yet but I will take some pics when they've grown a bit and most have started flowering.

The garden has been divided up into areas with railway sleepers and Hubby has actually been digging away at 4 beds and shifting earth around. Two of the others will be turfed and the largest one he has collared for a veggie patch, but I'll probably put some ornamental stuff in there too.

We went out at lunchtime and ordered 3 metre bags of topsoil and picked up some ballast to mix up with sand and make a short concrete slope we'll need. It's rather alarming how the cost is mounting up. The topsoil alone cost £90 and we still have to buy the turves, but then we'll have two instant lawns and the building site looking back yard will be transformed before any of this year's visitors arrive.

3 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun and I love pansies, can't wait until you have some pics. Gardening I think is very therapeutic.

Unknown said...

They obviously appreciated being planted, Jo. When I got up this morning more than a third of them have flowered already.

One of The Guys said...

Our whole family is gearing up for spring and our garden. Exciting!!

Hope you're having a nice weekend.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site