Sunday 14 March 2010

My Mothers' Day


Today is Mother's Day, or Mothering Sunday here in the UK. When I was a child, we had to go to Sunday School and were given a little posy of flowers to take home to our mothers.

This morning I had just locked up the house and was about to get in the car when a florist's van pulled up with this gorgeous flower arrangement for me, sent by my lovely daughter. The timing couldn't have been better. Five minutes later and I would have been gone.

The card says World's Best Grandma and came yesterday from my youngest granddaughter. Aren't I a lucky one?

6 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Oh how wonderful and the plant is so refreshing and beautiful. Happy Mother's Day.

Silvergirl said...

Wow thats a beautiful flower
Happy mothers day

Sharkbytes said...

Beautiful! Not just a common arrangement. Congrats, very much.

Dori said...

This is so wonderful! I hope you had a beautiful day!

Unknown said...

Thank you all so much for the good wishes. It was a quiet day here, but very pleasant. And the flowers made up for the fact that my children could not be with me.

Jen said...

How wonderful and it is so beautiful. Happy Mothering Day!

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site