Monday 20 September 2010

Sciving by the Sea


Today was a gorgeous one for striding out in Hamworthy Park and I stole some time off from the computer. All the beach huts were locked well up, but I noted the usual dog walkers, plus a few mums and tots on the sand. And I found myself envying a woman who had tucked a folding chair into a corner of the wall and was sitting with her head in a book.

From the far end of a groin on the beach, I noticed some dots moving around between the boats far out in Poole harbour. At first I thought they were some brave swimmers, but as they came nearer I realised they were kayakers. We have a lot of them in the harbour and there are classes and clubs.

Reluctantly, after that twenty minute scive, I collected my car, completed my errands and returned to my office. I should be feeling rejuvenated, but actually I’m just wishing I was still out there.

Pic by Les Chatfield

5 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

These are beautiful shots and how fun to be out there. Though having to get back to work is not fun.

Russ said...

I don't know how you got yourself to go back to work. There is nothing like just hanging at the Ocean.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jo and Russ. I love having little interludes like that. It makes the work easier somehow, when I do go back.

Mel_Cole said...

Wow, that sure is quite a height below. I like kayaking. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Mel. I haven't t ried kayaking. Think I would have enjoyed it when a bit younger.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site