Monday 16 January 2012

MLK Day Today


Today is Martin Luther King Day and a holiday in the US. If I wasn’t a blogger, I probably wouldn’t have known about this, since I am not a resident of that country.  But I do know about MLK and the importance of his life works, the results of which have permeated around the world, as well as making a difference to the lives of people in America.  Although I am British and white, I have the most delightful mixed-race granddaughter who is the light of my life, so it seems appropriate to mark the day here.


The pic shows MLK on the left, with civil rights leaders Whitney Young and James Farmer at a meeting with President Lyndon Johnson on 18 January 1964, four years and three months before MLK was brutally assassinated.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Dear Jean, It is a day to remember a good man.
Thank you for your visits and good wishes. I am feeling better. Blessings, Catherine xo

Rick (Ratty) said...

Martin Luther King is one of the most famous people in the United States. Everyone my age that lives here has been taught over and over about him from a very early age. I can't imagine myself not knowing about him.

Jenny Woolf said...

Yes, an amazing man who inspired the world.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site