Monday 26 August 2013

Garden Goodies and Guernsey

The tomatoes I wrote about here are now flooding my kitchen. Everytime I come in from the garden I have another bowlful of  juicy red fruit - or are they veg? I think opinions are divided. It's the first time I have been this successful in growing tomatoes out of doors. It must be thanks to the glorious summer we are having. We're also eating our own potatoes and runner beans, and they are serioously good.



Hope the weather lasts for at least another day. Tomorrow is a very early start, as the ferry we should have been taking from Poole is laid up and we have to get another fromWeymouth for our day trip to Guernsey. It means getting to the Poole ferry terminal by 5.50 am to get a transfer coach to Weymouth. Another one will bring us back from there on our return at 5 pm.


We'll have four hours to explore St Peter Port or find the nearest beach.


3 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

I love tomatoes so for me they are fruit. That is a very early morning so lots of caffeine.

Sharkbytes said...

fresh tomatoes, a ferry trip to an island- sound like all good things

Linda D said...

Strictly speaking tomatoes are fruit, but I usually think of them as vegetables. Who cares? Especially when they're home grown and delicious!
Hope you enjoyed your trip!

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site