Friday 6 February 2009

Another Tag

I’ve been tagged by Pattye over at Greys and Things. Pattye’s fascinating blog is about living with two retired greyhounds. I first met her through another blog ‘written’ by these two dogs. Pattye is obviously a very creative writer. I tend to prefer a smaller, stockier type of dog: we used to have a staffie. But through reading these blogs I have become quite fond of these rangy looking creatures.

Anyway my brief is to tell you seven weird things about myself, so here goes:

1) I was a horse mad teenager and sometimes bunked off school after going home to lunch, so I could go and help out at the riding school next door. My poor mother never found out. I use to go home early and she would sign notes for my teacher that I wrote saying I had a migraine so had to come home and miss some classes.

2) My father ran an amateur football club and sometimes I would take a Shetland pony along as a mascot running up and down the touchline.

3) After football matches, all the players’ kit was loaded into suitcases and taken to our house for washing by hand. It was dumped in our bath and I would help with the scrubbing and rinsing along with my mother and sister. Sometimes it was really hard to get out all the red mud from the soil in our area.

4) I don’t like pineapple. It’s the one fruit I can’t stand. When I got married the first time, many moons ago, we honeymooned on the Isle of Wight, and our hotel served up pineapple with just about every meal.

5) When I was pregnant for the first time I craved cheese and onion crisps dunked in cider. I feel a bit guilty about that because now my adult son’s favourite drink is cider.

6) I had the privilege of being my daughter’s birth partner when my granddaughter was born, so I bonded with her immediately. She’s five now and we’re best mates.

7) I got married for the second time in 2007 after my now husband and I had been co-habiting for about 24 years. I like to think that our first anniversary was actually the silver one.

Now I need to pass this tag on to seven more people that I’d like to know more about. As these tags go round, it gets more difficult to find people who haven’t been tagged before, and of course I may have got that wrong. If so, I can only apologise. I hope those I choose will not find the task too onerous, but anyway, it’s up to you if you want to respond.

Symphony of Love
Writing with Wings
Sharp Words
Writer’s Treehouse
Imagination Manifesto
A Poet’s View
Rant of Ferox.

If you haven’t been chosen this time, it’s not because I’m not curious about you. I find all bloggers lives fascinating. These just came to mind first. Please don’t forget to check them out.

6 comments:

Rita T. said...

I'll do my best to come up with something....I'm sort of boring! Thanks for thinking of me.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention. When I was in Hawaii, what seems like a lifetime ago now, they served pineapple with everything as well. Though I like it so it was great for me.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for tagging me. It is truly a honor that you kept me in your thought when you received the tag. Pardon me that I would not be joining in the fun. Please accept my sincere apology. Hope you are having a great weekend so far.

Two Greyhound Town said...

Thank you for the very kind words about me, my blogs and my dogs. It was very kind of you.

I really enjoyed reading your 7 things in your "tag". I do not like pineapple either. I can eat it, but it's definitely on my list of least favorite fruits.

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

How interesting that you got married after 24 years-cool! I love pineapple but I can see where it could be a bit much!

NathanKP said...

Thank you very much for the tag, but I'm afraid that I won't be joining in. I will link back to your blog, though.

Thanks again.

Nathan

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site