Monday 10 January 2011

A Five Minute Interlude

Last week I got my hair cut.  Ususally I enjoy the 15 minute walk to the hairdresser, but a) I was a bit short of time, and b) it was threatening rain, so I took the car.  Afterwards I realised the appointment had taken less time than I expected, so I drove to our little beach car park, and jumped out to get a blast of fresh air. 

There wasn't time for a proper walk so I just strolled out onto the little wooden pier.  The first thing I noticed was that I had the place to myself.  Just two other cars were parked but their owners weren't visible.  Then I saw that there was a really high tide.  It was higher than I'd ever seen before, only about three feet below the wooden boards I was walking on. 

The wind was gusting a bit too, so I was in danger of getting a bit wet if it dashed the waves and lifted spray, but it was really exhilarating.  That five minutes at the beach was all I needed before heading home to get another article written before its deadline.

I didn't have my camera, but this picture shows the pier when  the weather was warmer so more people were about.  The tide was much lower too, so you might be able to imagine the sea covering all the sand and most of the pier struts, to get an idea of what it was like.

No comments:

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site