Friday 10 May 2013

Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe



Hubby and I are fans of writer Bernard Cornwell's novels. We've read the books about Richard Sharpe and one of the presents I bought for hubby's birthday this year was a set of the TV series on DVD.

Today was the second afternoon this week that I scived off my writing work to watch one with him. I think they'll be coming out for viewing year after year.

Although they are really predictable and parts of them make us laugh, and I have to close my eyes on some of the gory bits, for some reason we really enjoy watching them. In his scruffy green uniform, Dick is a salt of the earth type, who is modest about his heroics while he always comes out on top, gets the women, and gets the better of the baddies and the enemies of King George.

No comments:

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site