Wednesday 3 August 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy - and Badgers

I came back from my hols on Sunday and still haven't found time to transfer my pics from camera to computer. I did manage to write a post on Monday but not do any adgitizing or EC dropping.  Today I completed a job to write 4 pieces of around 200 words each ahead of tomorrow's deadline, so that's good. But there were two men living here while I was away, and I  have a lot of catching up to do in the house and an enormous pile of ironing waiting. Monday I needed to shop for food etc., yesterday I had hospital appointments and today I took Jade to her dog training class.  All that in addition to two short and one long walk every day for my lovely puppy.  She gave me the most wonderful welcome when I got off the train, and I was so pleased that my hubby brought her to meet me.

Now you are no doubt wondering about the badgers.  I'm really thrilled to be able to report that I've seen my first wild family of live badgers.  We stayed on a caravan site for a few nights, and my son came in one night and said he'd seen them by a van on the edge of the site next to woodland.  He led me back to find them again - and there they were, eight of them pf various sizes. We stood back and watched them trundling around until three of them came towards us.  My lad said hallo to them and they stopped and turned their faces up towards us, then turned and headed one by one, at quite a slow, majestic gait, through the boundary into the wood. It was a magical moment, something I've often wished I could see.

Of course, the light was dim as it was around 10 pm.  So we didn't try to take photos.  But I found this one of a similar looking badger ar Wikimedia Commons.  It's author is listed as BadgerHero.

2 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

How awesome! I've seen a badger in the wild just once.

Unknown said...

Thanks Joan. As I said, it really was a magical interlude.

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site