Monday, 29 August 2011

My Life II - by Jade

I told you in the last episode of my life that I was going for an operation, and was wandering how much fun it would be. Well, I have to say that it wasn't fun at all. Mummy really let me down there. She left me in this place where the people seemed really nice but they stung my leg and then I couldn't seem to keep awake. When I woke up they made me walk out to a big room, but I was so sleepy I couldn't even wag my tail to tell mummy I was glad to see her. But they put me on her lap and I fell asleep again. When I woke up again she was carrying me out of the car and I was never so glad to find that I was back in my forever home again, so I could sleep on my beloved sofa next to mummy again.

I woke up in the night and my tummy was sore so I thought I'd give it a lick. But then mummy woke up too and she put this horrid collar around my neck and it stopped me from reaching my tummy. It wasn't nice but I felt so tired I went to sleep again. Next time I woke up I found this thing was still round my neck and I was frightened and tried hard to rub it off but I couldn't, so I cried to make mummy wake up and take it off for me. I licked her hand to say thank you but I was quite worn out so I went to sleep again.

My tummy was sore for a while but it got better. I had to go back to the vet place a couple of times. I tried to stop mummy going into the little room with the big table, but in she went so I had to follow and make sure they didn't hurt her.

She didn't take me for a nice long walk for ages after that, and then we had a visit from family and I was introduced to Ted, who looked rather like me but was much more grown up. Mummy said he could be my boyfriend, but he was a bit growly when I cuddled up to his family members. Then he realised that I needed more cuddles than him because I'm just a baby and it was alright after that. 

We had a bit of fun together, and went to the woods on the cliffs for a run around. He went home after a few days and I decided to let mummy know I was missing him so I peed on the carpet a couple of times. She shut me outside while she cleaned it up, but then she let me in for cuddles again, and I forgot all about Ted.

This week we started going for longer walks again and daddy came too some days. Mummy let me off the lead on the beach so I could chase the seagulls. When they flew over the water I forgot I was frightened of it and splashed in after them. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be getting my feet wet. I tried having a drink as well but it tasted horrible.

Another day they let me off the lead in the woods and I went running in lots of places they couldn't follow me through the bushes. I shook my head and laughed at them when they called me. I knew exactly where they were all the time, and I knew the place where I needed to go back on the lead, before the gate to the lane where the bikes go, so that's where I came back.

After our walks we always go back to my forever house. I think I'm enjoying life again.

1 comment:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Jade, you have a great life ahead of you. You'll forget the sore tummy in no time at all.

Writing Tip

Add this to your site