Do you get fed up with the endless round of housework, gardening and other chores? Do you ever feel that whatever you are doing, you are neglecting something else? If so, come and join my club (figuratively speaking). Every day I start with a list of things I really should do, either on paper or in my head. Every evening I realise there are still so many items on that list that I just haven't been able to get round to.
Today's list was:
1. vacuum to landing at top of stairs (incldues 5 rooms and two hallways)
2. Clean my son's room
3. Wash the kitchen counters and cupboard doors, change and clean cooker filter hood
4. Sweep the passageway outside clear of droppings from the neighbours' trees and clean the outside of the back door.
Make mixed lamb and chicken kebabs with pittas for our supper.
1. arrange for dog to be spayed
2. call the hospital to confirm appointments
3. Make appointment with GP
4. Make appointment at beauty salon for facial har removal.
We're out of puppy food, bread, milk and a few things for my planned supper tonight.
Walk the puppy
Start what has been commissioned for August, for which I received the brief email over the weekend. Complete at least two article drafts.
Post in blogger, EC drops and adgitizing.
It all started at 6 am when the dog woke me to take her out for her ablutions. It's now 7.15 pm and I'm still not finished. I've only managed one of my article drafts, three of my four phone calls, and three of the housework items will have to go on tomorrow's list along with the fourth phone call.
Such is life in semi-retirement.