Friday 30 January 2009

The Treasures of Luxor

I found this photo of a statue in Luxor Temple at Wikimedia Commons. It was taken by Hajor.

I am researching Luxor in Egypt. This time it’s not just to write about it. In about six weeks time we’ll be there. I can’t wait. But it’s supposed to be a treat for my hubby for his birthday. I’m hoping that on the day itself I can arrange a trip to the Valley of the Kings, the one place left that he really wants to see. Anyway, I want to find out as much as I can before we go. We won’t miss out on any of the treasures of Luxor if I can help it.

I’ll be taking lots of photos of my own while we are there. And no doubt I shall be writing about it when we get back.

5 comments:

Ana said...

oh wow, I hope you'll have a great trip. In fact now it's the best time to go to Luxor. In summer it's just too hot there :-)

Anonymous said...

That will be a fantastic experience. I have never been myself, but would love to. The postcard from Luxor is the nearest I have been, and that wasn't even sent to me!

Unknown said...

Thank you Ana. I thought summer wol get too hot for us.

Thanks, Sheila. I will report afterwards.

Jena Isle said...

Wow Jean, that's terrific. One place I had always wanted to visit is Egypt. Would you be kind enough to lend me one of your sphinx picture later on?

Enjoy your vacation and have a great time.

Unknown said...

Hi Jena. Not sure if I'll get to take a pic of a sphinx as they will be some way away from us, near Cairo. Depends if we manage to take a trip there. But I will let you know what pics I have and you will be welcome to use them. How could anyone refuse you, as generous as you are?

Writing Tip



________________
Add this to your site